Skepticamp Fort Collins is coming Saturday, January 11, 2014 at Mulligan's Pub from 1 to 6 p.m.
Then, stay for the after party!
Sign-up for Talks
This year we wanted to leave more time for eating, drinking and making merry between talks. Some of the presentations really get discussion going, and many of us love the chance to get to know other skeptics. We have room for 40 attendees, so invite friends
We have 10 slots for presentations (15 or 30 min) this year, with breaks after every three. Please RSVP here and add the title of your talk. We can provide a laptop and AV set-up for anything you have on a jumpdrive. No word yet on Macs, but I'm sure someone will be able to bring one. Let us know if you can for those who have PowerPoint for Mac!
See below for tips on Skepticamp presentation topics and what to expect.
SAMPLE: Name (Title of Talk if giving one) Choose either: 15 min (plus 5 minutes for discussion) or 30 min (plus 10 minutes for discussion)
- Jamie Folsom (Don't Feed the Trolls, But What About Everybody Else? Making Allies on the Internet) (30 min)
- Brian Cottle
- Jeffery Davis
- Nathan Anderson
- Linda Rosa: "Adoption Theology" (30 min)
- Larry Sarner (The Demise of Determinism) (30 min)
- Lief Youngs
- Hans Masanetz
- Vicky Weber
- Julieanna Jablonski
- Ann-Marie Phalen-Hartman
- Capt. Kyle Sanders (Pilot's Guide to Extreme Skepticism) (15 min)
- Abbey Sanders
- Kate Eleanor (Anti-Atheist Bias in U.S.- an overview of recent sociological studies) (15 min)
- Brian Carey
- Bob Michael
- Reed Esau
- Laurie Miale
- Bill Hutton
- Matt Arnold
- Sarah Arnold
- Dennis Lisby
- Diane Sherry
- Caleb Hendrich
- Tanya Higgins
- Steven Groesbeck
- John Snyder
- Lalie Hoagland
- Robert Hoagland
- Dan Elliott
- Joey Teixeira
- Stephanie Kaiser
Schedule of PresentationsEdit
Presentation times include both the talk and the discussion time, and are definitely approximate.
- 1 - 1:10 pm Welcome and Introductions
- 1:10 - 1:50 Jamie Folsom - Don't Feed the Trolls, But What About Everybody Else? Making Allies on the Internet
- 1: 50 - 2:10 Vicky Weber - Teaching Skepticism in the Public Speaking classroom
- 2:10 - 2:40 Larry Sarner - The Demise of Determinism'
- 2:40 - 3:10 BREAK
- 3:10 - 3:30 Capt. Kyle Sanders - Pilot's Guide to Extreme Skepticism
- 3:30 - 4 :10 Linda Rosa - Adoption Theology
- 4:10 - 4:30 Kate Eleanor - Anti-Atheist Bias in U.S.- an overview of recent sociological studies
- 4:30 on... AFTER PARTY!!
Choosing Topics for Skepticam PresentationsEdit
Keep in mind that talks should be geared toward encouraging discussion, unlike many other presentation type gatherings.